Top Stories mind hacks
- A Guide To The Good Life: The Best Life Hacks From The Ancient Stoics
- The Fiddle Factor: How To Learn Enough To Fix Anything
- The Biggest Failures Of Successful People (And How They Got Back Up)
- How To Stop Over-Analysing Every Conversation
- How To Say No To Anyone (Even A Good Friend)
- Why Being Idle Can Lead To Better Thinking
Philosophy is an important part of how the world is shaped. You might not think it’s worth your time learning about, but here are five things philosophy is good for, and why they should matter to you.
The term “life hack” has only existed for a few years, but there are plenty of things we can learn from the world’s oldest philosophers. William Irvine’s A Guide To The Good Life: The Ancient Art Of Stoic Joy adapts some of the ancient Stoics’ best tricks for happiness and brings them into a modern context.