Beer definitely tastes better when you don’t have to pay for it.
If you enjoy sampling exotic beers from around the globe, you need to get your butt to BWS right now. The Woolworths-owned liquor outlet is giving away free six-packs of the world’s rarest beers at participating outlets from 10am today. Here are the details!
We’re not talking dodgy craft brews here – instead, BWS has gathered six of the world’s rarest beers as part of its World’s Biggest Beer Run promotion. This involved scouring breweries across 50,000km and three continents.
Here are the beers included in the free six pack:
- Weizen (Minoh Brewery, Japan): A non-pasteurised, award-winning drop. Japanese beer lovers can expect a premium brew that is both fruity and has notes of banana.
- Bhutanese Red Rice Larger (Namgay Artisanal, Bhutan): This slightly roasted and sweet lager has a medium to full body. The bottle pours hazy amber with a small, frothy white head and overall clean character.
- Aecht Ochlenferla Rauchbier (Schlenkeria, Germany): For those intrigued by a beer with a bacon-like smoke taste and after-taste, this drop boasts a toasty malt and light bitterness.
- Crumble Sour IPA (Stu Mostow Brewery, Poland): A smooth and juicy, yet sour beer perfect for the warmer weather and rich food pairings like stew, venison gnocchi, and cinnamon crumble.
- Belgian Blonde Ale (Hermano Republia, Mexico): Handcrafted and non-pasteurised, the light ale pours amber with a lightly hoppy, light bodied mouthfeel and sour citrus on the nose.
- Barrel Aged Saison (CR/AK, Italy): Aged for seven months, the beer is 60% blended Scotch Whisky barrels and 40% in Caroni rum barrels.
There’s no catch – simply rock up and grab your freebie when stores open at 10am. As you’d expect, quantities are limited and will be given away on a first-come, first-serve basis. In other words, you’ll probably need to be standing in line as soon as doors open.
The deal isn’t available everywhere, however. There are only four participating outlets:
- BWS Balmain: 263 Darling St, Balmain NSW 2041
- BWS Wembley: 252 Cambridge St, Wembley WA 6014
- BWS Brunswick: 300-304 Albert St, Brunswick VIC 3056
- BWS Ashgrove: 7/16 Ashgrove Ave, Ashgrove QLD
Fortunately, our buddies at Pedestrian.tv are offering punters the chance to win one of 20 of the world’s rarest six-packs. To enter, simply fill out the online form. Click here!