Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including Hugh Jackman on Vegemite consumption and why Aussie cops are seeking dashcam footage.
- We've tried some unusual ways of eating Vegemite, but it's often confusing for Americans. In the video above, Aussie legend Hugh Jackman explains the basics to Jimmy Fallon.
- YouTube is filled with dashcam footage, but that's not necessarily a good thing. Police are urging people who capture crimes on dashcams to share it with the authorities directly, rather than just sharing it socially.
- The Australian Taxation Office has confirmed that Uber is officially considered a taxi service, which means anyone offering UberX services has to register for and charge GST. (Small businesses earning under $75,000 aren't generally required to register for GST, but there's a specific rule that says taxis can't take advantage of that exemption.) End result? UberX fares are about to go about by 10 per cent.
- The Mana Bar in Brisbane, the world's first video game-themed bar, is closing its doors. Kotaku has the details
- Sydney's Vivid festival, which is always amazing, kicks off this week. Gizmodo has curated the highlights of the event.