Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: PS4 reviewed, DealsDirect ‘Black Friday’ sale, seven creature-comforts that the world is running out of.
- Here’s one for Christmas shoppers: In conjunction with Black Friday, DealsDirect.com.au is holding a free shipping sale on purchases over $50 between 12:01am and 11:59pm on Friday 29 November. The site contains over 15,000 products at spready across 24 categories.
- When people think about the planet’s dwindling resources, they tend to imagine things like fish, oil and forests. But a surprising number of creature comforts are also rapidly running out, including — terrifyingly — chocolate. You can read up on the impending cocoa shortage (along with six others) over at Gizmodo.
- At the stroke of midnight tonight, the PlayStation 4 video game console will launch across Australia. You can read up on how latecomers can get their hands on one here. Our colleagues at Kotaku and Gizmodo have already posted their in-depth reviews.
- As you’re doubtlessly aware, the ABC recently broke a story in which it was alleged Australian spies had tapped the phones of Indonesian officials, including the Indonesian President and his wife. In this rousing defense, ABC reporter Kate Torney explains why the organisation chose to break the spy story.
- If you find paracetamol rarely cures your headaches it might be time to try something new. In the following post, Popsugar Health & Fitness explains how aromatherapy can keep migraines at bay.