Whether you’re looking for a new job or just pruning up your paperwork, one of the keys to nabbing the job you want is creating a successful resumé. Here are our top 10 ways to make sure yours stands out.
Photo by Elliot P.
10. Start with a Big List, and Then Shorten It
9. Know What Not to Include
8. Avoid Overused Phrases
7. Quantify Your Accomplishments
6. Find the Keywords Your Employer is Looking for and Use Them
5. Strategically Tweak Your Dates of Employment
4. Try a Visual Slideshow or Video Resumé
3. Don’t Use it Until the End of the Interview Process
2. Use Multiple Resumés for Different Potential Jobs
1. Proofread from the Bottom Up
We’ve written a lot on crafting the perfect resumé over the years, so be sure to check out the resumé tag for even more tips. And, of course, if you have your own—whether from experience as an employee or an employer—share them with us in the comments.