Afterpay Day sale is here. Kicking off this morning (Thursday, August 17) and running until Sunday, August 20, the mega online shopping event will last for three whole days, so you can shop a range of massive sales from your favourite brands and retailers, both online and in-store.
Typically, Afterpay Day offers Aussies up to 70% off from top retailers like THE ICONIC, Dyson, Glue, Adore Beauty and more, and gives shoppers the ability to pay their payments in four fortnightly instalments without incurring interest.
Keep reading for everything you need to know about Afterpay Day and how you can make the most out of the best Afterpay Day sales.
What is Afterpay Day?
Afterpay Day is one of the biggest online shopping events in the country, so it generates a lot of excitement when it rolls around – typically twice a year. The most recent one happened back in March 2023 and was absolutely stacked with sweet, sweet sales. It was offering Aussies up to 70% off from top retailers both online and in-store across the country, so here’s hoping it does the same again later this month.
When is Afterpay Day 2023?
Afterpay Day 2023 is currently slated to kick off this Thursday, August 17 and will run until Sunday, August 20. That’s three full days to bag as many discounts as possible across some of your favourite retailers.
The best Afterpay Day sales
While Afterpay hasn’t released which major retailers and brands will be participating in the upcoming sale, if the last few years are anything to go by, we’re in for a real treat. The minute the early sales start to drop, we’ll be updating this page, so stay tuned.
The best Afterpay Day sales
- Sephora Australia — 20 per cent off with a minimum spend of $120 (some brands excluded)
- Adore Beauty — Up to 40 per cent off select products
- It Cosmetics — Up to 25 per cent off sitewide
- Go-To Skincare — a free The Repair Shop mask (RRP $50) with all orders over $59 using the code ‘AFTERYAY’
- Bangn Body — 20 per cent off when purchasing 2 or more products
- Biotyspa — $15 off your order with code AFTERPAY15 when spend is over $100
- Straand — 15 per cent off sitewide using the code ‘AFTERPAYSALE’
- tbh Skincare — 15 per cent off (including bundles) using the code ‘AFTERPAYDAY’
- Naked Sundays — 15 per cent off select products using the code ‘AFTERPAY15’
- Boost Lab — 15 per cent off (including bundles) using the code ‘AFTERPAYDAY’
- Bondi Sands — 30 per cent off sitewide
- Swisse — 40 per cent off almost everything
- Bioderma — 20 per cent off select products
- Kiehl’s — Buy two, get one free. Add three formulas to your cart and receive the lowest-priced free
- Sand and Sky — 25 per cent off all full-sized products. Get an additional 10 per cent off on kits with code AFTERPAY10
- Oz Hair & Beauty — Up to 30 per cent off selected brands
- Who is Elijah — 20 per cent off collective, trio sets and 100mls
- Hismile — Up to 50 per cent off storewide
- Foreo — Up to 40 per cent off at THE ICONIC
- LAMAV — 20 per cent off sitewide
- Mermade Hair — 25 per cent off sitewide
- The Beauty Chef — Up to 30 per cent off storewide
- Coco & Eve — Up to 50 per cent off select products
- ghd — Up to 25 per cent off select products
- Chouchou Intimates — 20 per cent off *min spend $100 use the code ‘20%OFF’ at checkout
- THE ICONIC — Up to 40 per cent off on select products
- PUMA — 40 per cent off the lowest marked price using the code ‘AFTERPAY40’
- Modibodi — 20 per cent off sitewide sale
- Nine West — 20 per cent off select items
- Forever New — Up to 50 per cent off select pieces
- Kathmandu — 30 per cent off when using Afterpay
- Ugg Express — 15 per cent off sitewide using the code AFTERPAYDAY15%
- ASOS — Up to 70 per cent off, plus an additional 15 per cent off with code Afterpayday
- Aje — Up to 20 per cent off select items
- Sheike — Up to 30 per cent off full-priced items
- Showpo — 20 per cent off everything with code AFTERPAY20
- General Pants — 30 per cent off everything
- Foot Locker — Up to 70 per cent off select items
- Glue Store — Up to 50 per cent off select items
- City Beach — Buy one, get one 50 per cent off
- Rebel Sport — Up to 50 per cent off select pieces
- The Fable — 30 per cent off storewide
- By Billie — 25 per cent off storewide
- Wittner — 20 per cent off storewide
- Hype DC — Up to 30 per cent off new season styles from Nike, New Balance, Adidas and more
- Vans — Up to 25 per cent off
- Kirstin Ash — 20 per cent off sitewide
- HOKA — 30 per cent off select running shoes
- P.E Nation — 30 per cent off select styles using the code ‘AFTERPAYDAY30’
- Dyson — Save up to $500 off or receive a complimentary gift with select purchases
- Hommey — 20 per cent off all throw blankets and slides
- Ecosa — Up to 35 per cent off sitewide
- Kip&Co — 40 per cent off almost everything
- No 22 — 20 per cent off site-wide using the code ‘AFTERPAYDAY20’
- House — Everything up to 75 per cent off + an extra 20 per cent off sitewide
- Amart Furniture — Minimum 15 per cent off everything when you checkout with Afterpay
- Sheridan — Save 40 per cent when you spend $50 or more
- Petbarn — Up to 30 per cent off selected pet products
- Antler — Save 30 per cent when you spend $249 PLUS a free Clifton Mini
- Linen House — Spend $200 and save 20 per cent
- Naked Harvest — 25 per cent off selected products using the code ‘AFTERPAY’
- JSHealth — 20 per cent off using the code ‘AFTERPAYDAY’
- RedBalloon — Save up to 15 per cent off selected experiences
- Adrenaline — Save up to 20 per cent off selected adventures
- eBay — Save 15 per cent off select items when you use the code ‘APAYDAY4’
- Mwave — Up to 40 per cent off with code AFTERPAY2340
- The Good Guys — Spend $360+ online, receive $60 store cash $20; spend between $240 to $359 and receive $40 store cash
- Bing Lee — 10 per cent off all TVs, 10 per cent off Dyson 360 Vis Nav Robot and 10 per cent off Philps Air fryers
The Best Afterpay Day Beauty Sales
The Best Afterpay Day Fashion Sales
The Best Afterpay Day Homewares Sales
The Best Afterpay Day Wellness Sales
The Best Afterpay Day Tech Sales
How does Afterpay work?
Afterpay is essentially like a virtual lay-by, except you don’t have to wait until you’ve paid in full before you take your purchase home. Translation? You don’t need to pay the total amount upfront if you don’t want to or can’t afford to at the moment. Huge win!
You simply pay one instalment on the actual day of purchase and then pay the same amount fortnightly over six weeks (four instalments total). You don’t pay any interest or fees as long as you pay on time. If you’re late on a payment, you’ll incur a $10 fee. However, that fee is capped and doesn’t compound. Afterpay also pauses your account until the balance is paid and you’re back on track.
Who has the service?
At this point, around 63,000 small and large businesses offer Afterpay as a payment option, so it’s safe to say that most of your favourite major retailers are on board. However, if you’re not sure, you can always check out either the retailer’s payment options via its website or the list of businesses on the store directory.
If you’re looking for a complete round-up of deals on the day, bookmark this page as we’ll be bringing you a comprehensive list of the best Afterpay day sales.
This post has been updated since its original publication.