Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Snapchat is screwed, man accidentally steals and destroys $391 million worth Of Ethereum, the fourth type of fuel for humans.
- Scientists think they've discovered a fourth type of fuel for humans -- beyond carbs, fat, or protein. It's a clear, odourless liquid called ketone ester. [Business Insider]
- Following an earnings call on Tuesday, a fifth of the Snapchat's value disappeared in after-hours trading. Things are looking increasingly dire for the image-sharing service. [Gizmodo]
- Here's how pet cats can help to reduce anxiety and stress levels. [POPSUGAR]
- They say cryptocurrency is volatile and they weren't kidding - thanks to a string of screw-ups and bugs, an unsuspecting developer recently took possession of an estimated $US300 million worth of Ethereum - then accidentally destroyed it. [Gizmodo]
- Australia’s property market is cooling, and the slowdown is being led by the previously red-hot Sydney market. [Business Insider]
- Here's the popular FPS game Doom compared on the Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4 and Xbox One. [Kotaku]