It's been a while since we featured a desktop from our friend Joergermeister, and this Windows setup takes the cake. It's clean, well organised, doesn't overdo the widgets, and just looks good. Here's how he made it.
Joergermeister is running Windows 10 here, so you'll need Windows to make this look your own as well. He also used Rainmeter to get much of this working, so if you're not familiar with it, check out our guide to Rainmeter before you begin.
Now, here's what you'll need to make this work:
- The Blanc wallpaper, by Slurpaza
- The WhiteNoir visual theme for Windows by Neiio
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Simplic theme for Rainmeter to create the clock
- The Kantas skin for Rainmeter for the now playing and visualizer
- The iFlat skin for Rainmeter for the image gallery (currently Zombie Superman)
- The Ecqlipse 2 icon pack for the replacement taskbar icons
That's about it. For more on how everything was put together, or to ask your questions if you have trouble making it yourself, head over to Joergermeister's blog (linked below) and, if you don't read German, hit Google Translate to see the whole thing in action, complete with his dual monitor setup (the image above is just his main display.) Otherwise, check out the Flickr link below for the components as well, and let him know we sent you!