I've always figured that hotels expect you to take off with the shampoo but are entitled to be peeved if you disappear with one of the pillows. However, it turns out that one in five Australians are happy to be light-fingered when it comes to linen.
Picture by Thomas Kohler
A survey of 5,000 Australians by Zuji about their holiday habits unveiled the following figures:
- 65% have taken hotel toiletries for use at home
- 20% have taken bathrobes, pillows or linen
- 23% have taken something from the mini-bar without paying for it
- 35% would hide items they had broken in the room
- 40% have watched an adult movie on a hotel channel
- 86% have tipped hotel staff for exceptional services
I'll freely admit to the toiletries and the adult movies, but haven't done the other things on this list. As I've said before, I wouldn't tip hotel staff in Australia, and to be honest I'm dubious about the high figure here.
Where do you fit in on this list of potential hotel "sins"? Share your experiences (and justifications) in the comments.