Top Stories networking
- The Most Graceful Way To Abruptly End Unwanted Conversations
- Why The Journey To Cheap Fast Global Satellite Internet Is Risky
- How openHAB Lets You Develop For Connected Environments
- If You're Not On IPv6, It Could Cost You A Fortune
- No, Radiation From Wi-Fi Isn't Killing You
- How To Combine Multiple Internet Connections Into One Super-Fast Pipe
It seems like it would be common sense by this point that networking — that is, building a real professional network — is the key to getting a great job. Yet still, employers and job hunters both start and end a lot of their hunt with job listings. This chart shows just how important networking is.
WifiMapper, the iOS app that helps you find free Wi-Fi hotspots around the world, has launched in the Google Play Store. And it includes some useful Android-only features.
The race is on to get billions of people connected to the internet via a global network of satellites. Europe’s Airbus announced this week that it is to design and build up to 900 satellites for the privately owned OneWeb Ltd, which includes Richard Branson as a board member.
iOS/Web: Charlie, the web service that gets you ready for meetings by briefing you on who you’ll meet, now has an iPhone app that will get you up to speed before your meeting if you’re on the go. Even if you don’t have an iPhone, the service can now email you before the meeting so you’re ready when you walk in.