Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: Apple’s fight with Aussie banks over Apple Pay explained, 30 games that need to be on the Super Nintendo Mini, how to play Dungeons & Dragons with just two people.
- The Gold Coast is sick of waiting for the NBN, so it will build its own fibre network. Business Insider has the story.
- For over a year, Australia’s largest banks have been engaged in a quiet war with Apple. Their goal is to force the world’s largest technology company to open access to the iPhone’s NFC chip and allow collective bargaining over Apple Pay. Here’s the story so far.
- Everyone’s going gaga over the Nintendo Classic Mini NES – but what we really want to see is a Mini Super Nintendo. Here are 30 games that need to feature on it.
- Didn’t think the supermoon was all that special? These pictures collected by POPSUGAR Australia will change your mind.
- Dungeons & Dragons can work with just two people. Kotaku explains how it’s done.