You wanted obscure punctuation marks, meteor shower viewing tips and more Pokemon GO hacks. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from Lifehacker Australia last week:
- How To Watch This Week's Delta Aquarid Meteor Shower In Australia At approximately 12am tonight, the Delta Aquarid meteor shower will begin to light up the Australian skies. The celestial event will be visible with the naked eye thanks to mostly clear skies across the continent. Here’s what you need to know.
- Is Lightning Broadband's 100 Mbps Internet Too Good To Be True?
As millions of Australian homes wait for the NBN to reach their door, Lightning Broadband is deploying a wireless network promising fibre-like download speeds to suburban users.
- Dyson AM09 Hot+Cool Review: A Heating Fan For $699?
The AM09 Hot+Cool is the latest swanky home appliance from Dyson. As its name implies, it’s a cooling fan and heater in one, which means you can use it all year round. It also boasts near-soundless operation, safe-to-touch heating elements, intelligent climate control and an impressively sleek design. But is it worth the astronomical $699 asking price? We put it to the test.
- See If A Pokemon Is Worth Evolving In Pokemon GO With This CP Calculator
It takes a lot of candies to evolve a Pokemon in Pokemon GO, so you need to make sure you’re not wasting them. If you’re not sure if a Pokemon you caught is worth evolving, this calculator can give you a fairly accurate estimate of how strong they can get.
- 15 Morning Habits Everyone Should Master [Infographic]
Most 9-to-5 workers leave home each morning in a mad rush which can affect their happiness when they are confronted with the trail of destruction later that evening. Fortunately, with a tiny bit of effort, it’s possible to maintain a welcoming abode for your return home. This infographic explains how it’s done.
- Google Maps Debuts A Clean New Look And 'Areas Of Interest' Feature
In their latest update, Google Maps is making it easier for you to find your way around, and spot areas nearby that have fun things to do.
- Is It Legal For Police To Search Your Phone?
Consider the following scenarios: A police officer stops you on the street and asks you to empty your pockets. A police officer stops you in your car and asks to search you and the vehicle. Regardless of nearly all factors, one of the items recovered will inevitably be a mobile phone. But in what circumstances can police search your phone? Must they obtain a search warrant? And what will happen if you refuse to provide your passcode or fingerprint required to access your phone? Let’s find out.
- What It Actually Takes To Get A Flat Stomach
There are all kinds of trainers, videos and products that say they can get you a flat stomach in no time, but there are no shortcuts to six pack city. It takes a lot of work, discipline and time.
- 13 Obscure Punctuation Marks You Should Be Using [Infographic]
Are you getting a little bored of periods, exclamation marks and commas? Need to spice up your writing but not quite ready to use emojis and emoticons? Luckily there’s a whole wealth of obscure punctuation marks for you to make use of, from the interrobang to the snark mark.
- Top 10 Seemingly Risky Things You Can Totally Do Yourself
Some things in life — such as fixing your own car or DIY home improvements — might appear dangerous or risky, especially if you’ve never done them before or you tend to err on the side of caution. They also might be more doable than they look. Here are ten daunting things you probably likely can handle on your own.