Your self-confidence makes a huge difference when you meet people, have to make a first impression or just in how good you feel when you're trying to get through the day and make it to the other side. In this video, Aaron Marino of IAmAlphaM explains some ways to boost your confidence and feel better about yourself. The video speaks for itself, but here's a rundown from the description of each of those items:
- Eliminate negative people from your life - they are cancerous. They are energy vampires. You may need to find a new job or relationship. It may suck short-term but will boost your confidence long-term.
- Compliment others - getting compliment feels incredible! It also feels incredible giving them and helps develop your people skills at the same time.
- Do something good about your body every day - it doesn't matter how much or how little. Just make a conscious effort, and the result will be a direct impact on how you feel about yourself.
- Develop your brain -- feed your brain knowledge and stimulate it. Alpha doesn't like to read (or have time) so he's been crazy hooked on Audible. Alpha recommends Daniel Pink's "A Whole New Mind". The book talks about the importance of developing creative thinking, which creative thinkers will end up ruling the world. Alpha uses Audible in the car and while doing cardio. Get your free trial and audio book today.
- Help someone every day! - You will feel amazing after doing something nice for someone. It's a rush of endorphins and a self-esteem "shot in the ass".
It's worth noting that none of these are "quick fixes" or overnight tweaks. They take time and deliberate effort. Doing things like sidelining negative people from your life is something all of us should do, but we put up with those influences far longer than it would take us to just stop talking to the people who bring us down (if we have the option, of course). Similarly, remembering the importance of self care and doing good things for your body and your brain can't be understated, and neither can going out of your way to help other people -- and the effect doing so has on you.
Hit play on the video above for the whole thing, or the link below to check it out at YouTube.
5 Secrets To Boost Your Confidence [IAmAlphaM (YouTube)]