Sorbet is a refreshing way to enjoy your favourite fruit. You can make sorbet from any fruit with this easy recipe.
One of the best things about sorbet is that it is a dessert that keeps well. Here's what you need to do to make about a quart of your own:
- Clean and slice 1kg of fruit into bite-sized pieces. This includes removing any skins, stems, seeds or pits.
- Add half a cup of simple syrup to your fruit and blend until no chunks remain. Strain small seeds or fibres, in necessary.
- See if your sorbet has the right amount of sugar in it with the egg test. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, but as long as overnight.
- Churn the chilled sorbet base in an ice cream machine, then transfer it to containers to freeze for at least four hours.
If you don't have an ice cream machine, you can still make sorbet (technically granita) using this recipe. Pour the base into a wide dish and put it in the freezer. Break it up at 30-minute intervals until it is flaky and frozen. You can also use this recipe to make popsicle base instead. The important thing is that you can make a tasty and easy dessert from your favourite fruit.
How to Make Sorbet with Any Fruit [The Kitchn]