iOS 7.1 is now available through Software Update on all your Apple devices. Here's what's new — including an improved Australian English accent in Siri.
The key features in the the new version:
- Updates to the visual interface, primarily switching to rounded UI elements in the phone dialer and power off features.
- Improvements to the keyboard interface.
- Fix for random reboot problem with iPhone 5S.
- CarPlay support
- Manual control of how long Siri listens by holding down the Home button while you speak.
- New, more natural voices for Siri in Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English and Japanese. (We have a video comparing the old and new accent.)
- Updates to iTunes Radio, including the ability to create stations by searching and subscribing to iTunes Match.
- New month view in Calendar.
- Improved performance for iPhone 4.
- New camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iphone 5S.