Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: The 86th Annual Academy Awards, ANZ Stadium adds free Wi-Fi, Australian TV execs want to restrict Netflix access in Australia.
- The 86th Annual Academy Awards are done and dusted. Check out all the best frocks, memorable one-liners and celebrity gaffs at PopSugar. Channel Nine will be broadcasting the show at 10PM tonight. (If you want to go in spoiler-free, we advise staying off the Internet.)
- ANZ Stadium has announced the availability of free and uninterrupted Wi-Fi starting NRL opening weekend on 6 March. The free Wi-Fi access follows a partnership with Telstra and stadium Wi-Fi provider Cisco. It is the first venue in Australasia to offer free Wi-Fi to all fans in and around the stadium.
- You can currently get 90 per cent off Kobo books when you use the code ‘fdkY9rd’. The code is compatible with a select range of titles. (You can use the site’s filters to only show books which accept a promo code.) [via OzBargain]
- Netflix is not officially available in Australia — but that hasn’t stopped thousands of internet-savvy consumers from signing up to the service. According to The Australian‘s Media section, Australian TV executives are upset about this practice and want to see stricter geo-blocking in measures place. Read the full report over at Gizmodo.
- Gamer Grub is a range of salty snacks that claim to be specifically formulated for video game fans. The marketing behind these things is pretty hilarious, as Kotaku editor Mark Serrels discovered.