You wanted to talk consoles, parking, PC building and the gee-gees. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from Lifehacker Australia last week:
- How To Watch The Melbourne Cup Online
No TV in the office but you still want to catch the Melbourne Cup? It's no drama this year, with the race that stops the nation being broadcast live on Telstra's Racing Network site.
- Reminder: Today Is 'Free Slurpee Day' At 7-Eleven
From today through to 11th of November, 7-Eleven is offering free small Slurpees to its customers. To score your freebie, you'll need a voucher though. Here's how to get yours.
- Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Buy A Next-Gen Console (Yet)
In less than a month, the next generation of video game consoles will be upon us. On November 22, the Xbox One will officially launch in Australia, followed by the PlayStation 4 on November 27. Doubtlessly you've already spent plenty of time deciding which console is best for you — but have you considered holding off altogether? Here are five reasons why you're probably better off waiting at least a year.
- Top 10 Parking Crimes Against Humanity
Adolf Hitler. Idi Amin. Bad parkers. There is a special space in hell reversed for all three. Here are ten of the world's most heinous parking crimes, from boxing other cars in to deliberately parking over the lines. We've also included photographic evidence of culprits in the act. How many are you guilty of?
- Smoking Is Ravaging Your Appearance: Here's The Proofbr />If you;re a smoker, you probably frequently wonder about how your habit could be affecting your appearance. Just how much older are all those ciggies making you look? This photographic study of identical twins with different smoking histories provides a chilling answer.
- Top 10 Clever Google Search Tricks
Google is a more powerful tool than most people realise. You can get much more refined searches with Google's built-in tools, advanced operators, and third-party extensions. You can also use it for some pretty cool stuff if you know the right tricks. Here are 10 of our favourite lesser known tricks and features.
- Five Ways To Improve Your Outlook On Life
It is the events that happen in our lives that determine the state of our mental health, rather than some inherent personal inadequacy or genetic flaw. And psychological processes, such as rumination and self-blame, aren't just symptoms of some "mental disorder" but a crucial part in the chain of causes that can lead us to depression and anxiety.
- 6 Essential Tips For First-Time PC Builders
Building a computer is the best way to get the perfect machine for your needs. We've shown you the basic steps before, as well as tips on beefing up your setup, but there are certain things most of us learn after screwing up and wasting a lot of time. Here are a few things you can learn from veterans' mistakes.
- What I've Learned From Two Years Of Intermittent Fasting
Adopting a philosophy of self-experimentation can make a tremendous difference in your life. Choosing to experiment with new ideas can help you start a successful business. Choosing to experiment with sharing your work can launch your career as a writer or an artist. And choosing to experiment with different diets and workouts can help you discover a fitness and health strategy that works for you.
- Ask LH: How Can I Get Rid Of Dark Circles Under My Eyes?
Dear LH, How can I get rid of the dark circles under my eyes? I sleep and drink lots of water and it lightens but never goes away completely. My employer has even assumed I'm a heavy-drinking night owl! Any advice? Thanks, Circle Of Dark