You wanted: Melbourne Cup viewing tips, Red Dead Redemption 2’s dad mode, a comprehensive guide to quitting Google and the best new shows on Netflix. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from last week.
- Melbourne Cup 2018 Online: Re-Watch The Live Stream Here!
The 2018 Melbourne Cup was run today at 3PM AEDT. If you weren’t able to catch it, have no fear – you can re-watch the live stream the race from your phone or laptop with one click.
- How To Watch The 2018 Melbourne Cup, Live And Online And FreeWant to watch the Melbourne Cup live but don’t have a TV in your workplace? Here’s everything you need to know about watching the race that stops a nation live – from the various TV options to Twitter’s global live stream. We’ve also included all the important Melbourne Cup links and race times to make life easier, along with overseas viewing tips. Game on!
- Everything Coming To Australian Netflix This Week (Nov 5)
It’s a slower week on Netflix this week, but there’s still something for everyone to enjoy. Fans of The Sinner will be excited for the series’ return this week, while others may want to rewatch Split before the release of Glass next year. Here’s what’s new for the week of November 5 to 11.
- Play Red Dead Redemption 2 In ‘Dad Mode’
Red Dead Redemption 2 is not for kids. Rockstar Games’ sprawling Western video game is rated M for violence, torture, foul-mouthed cowpokes, and many more mature delights. Luckily for gaming parents, though, the most disturbing, antisocial and gory mayhem is either found in the game’s missions or is a result of player choices.
- Should You Get An Electric Bike?
When I first heard about electric bikes, they struck me as the ultimate life hack. They allow you to commute relatively speedily without the hassle of public transportation, to get exercise without getting overly sweaty, to get from point A to point B without spending money on petrol.
- Click Frenzy, Black Friday, Cyber Monday: Your Guide To 2018’s Biggest Online Sales!
Between Click Frenzy, Black Friday and Cyber Monday (which, like Halloween, have undoubtedly snuck into Australian culture at this stage) November is the month to grab an amazing deal. Here’s all the info you need on getting the most out of the year’s biggest internet sales, and how you can prepare yourself.
- Going With A Smaller NBN Provider May Affect Your Speed
While bigger telcos like Optus use the fact that they are a ‘Tier 1’ provider as a selling point, there’s never been a proven advantage to this over retailers that don’t own their own networks: until now. For the first time the ACCC has compared speeds between the main NBN retailers and the ones who have to lease backhaul capacity: and shown up a notable discrepancy.
- Everything You Need To Know About Google Assistant
Google Assistant is likely to become as pervasive for general computer use as the company’s search tool as it endeavours to embed its products and services into every aspect of our lives and work. Over the years, Google has launched and dropped numerous services, but the Google Assistant could become the glue that ties them all together.
- Latest Telstra Outage Shows We Need Telco Change
This week we’re moving from October to November – so from Halloween to the start of the early Christmas season. Here are the newly added shows and movies you can catch this week, October 29 to November 4, on Netflix.
- The Comprehensive Guide To Quitting Google
NBN Co has launched a new Enterprise Ethernet product over its broadband access network for business and government customers. Boasting point-to-point fibre connections with ‘symmetrical’ speeds of up to 1Gbps, it has been billed as the network’s first internationally compliant wholesale offering. Here are the details.