Chris Sm sent in this desktop for us to review, which combines interesting wallpaper and subtle Windows tweaks. Here's how he did it.
If you're looking to recreate Chris's desktop on your Windows machine, here's what you'll need to do it:
- The big fish wallpaper (also the album cover for Owl City's The Midsummer Station)
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Enigma suite for Rainmeter for the calendar, now playing, system monitors, and other widgets
- The Portal 2 Desktop Theme for Rainmeter for the clock and the date displays
- The Eclipse 2 icon pack to replace the taskbar icons
- The Start Killer utility to remove the Start button
- The Shine 2.0 theme for Windows 7 to customise the overall look and feel
It's a couple of moving parts, but I really like the way the time and date, the calendar, and all the to-dos are arranged over the wallpaper. This one shouldn't be too difficult to put together, but Chris's flickr page has more details on how he put it all together if you do have any questions. While you're there, let him know how much you like his work!
the tide [Flickr]