Windows: Thomas over at Flickr combines one of my favourite wallpapers with some smart widgets and music playback controls to create a workspace that's probably as much fun to use as it is to look at. Here's how he set it all up.
Thomas is running Windows on this desktop, and uses Rainmeter to get everything done. If you want to do the same, here's what you'll need:
- The wallpaper;
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows;
- The Muziko theme for Rainmeter to create the music playback controls and "Now Playing" view;
- The Encoded theme for Rainmeter to create the date header;
- The Lines 2.0 theme for Rainmeter for the RAM and CPU monitors;
- The MemoDijay skin for Rainmeter for the Gmail notifier and the clock.
The end product looks great, and the whole design works with the theme that the wallpaper establishes. Thomas notes that he customised some of the themes to change the font and increase the text size a bit, and made a few other subtle tweaks. To learn more, head over to his Flickr page (linked below.)
The Orion Desktop [Flickr]