Windows: Reader salt_and_pepper submitted this beautiful, functional desktop to our desktop showcase. A few widgets on the side and room to work on the left, and it's all done. Here's how it was made.
This is salt_and_pepper's first customised desktop, and we'd say it's a smashing success. The wallpaper makes it, but the Rainmeter widgets selected here are good choices too. Here's what you'll need if you want to make this one your own.
- The wallpaper
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Enigma skin for Rainmeter for the weather, notes section, now playing, volume and CPU monitors
- The Elegance 2 skin for Rainmeter for the time and date
- The Omnimo skin for Rainmeter for the inbox notification widget
- The Windows 7 Start Button Changer to customise the Start button
- Bins to group up icons in the Windows taskbar
- The Ecqlipse 2 Icon Pack to customise the taskbar icons
You don't have to go as far as tweaking the taskbar the way salt_and_pepper did here, although we can definitely see how black icons in the taskbar look better with this wallpaper and setup than the standard multicolor ones would.