Windows: Ever wish you could tweak the taskbar’s shortcuts? 7+ Taskbar Tweaker adds lots of extra settings and shortcuts to the Windows taskbar, and it works in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
We highlighted this program back when it was called 7 Taskbar Tweaker. It has since grown to include lots of new features and added Windows 8 compatibility. Some of the features include the ability to:
- Bring up the standard window menu instead of a jump list when you right-click on an icon
- Middle-click an icon to switch to it, minimise it or close it
- Show a list, tooltip or nothing when you hover over a button
- Reorder thumbnails in the preview that pops up
- Change how taskbar icons group together
- Use the mouse wheel to cycle between buttons
You can install the program on your system or use the installer to extract a portable version to your desktop. Hit the link to check it out.