Windows 7 only: Love Windows 7’s new and improved taskbar but wish you could fine-tune a few aspects of its functionality — like middle-click to close and other mouse behaviour? Small utility 7 Taskbar Tweaker does just that.
Back in June we highlighted a small utility called Taskbar Overlord that does some solid Windows 7 taskbar tweaking, but it’s a one-way street with Taskbar Overlord — either you use all its features or you don’t use the app. 7 Taskbar Tweaker, on the other hand, lets you toggle six different features (including, from what I can tell, all the features offered by Taskbar Overlord). Taskbar Overlord gives you the following options:
– Show standard window menu on right click instead of jump list.
– Close or focus a window on middle click instead of running a new instance.
– Disable grouping of windows by file path or application id.
– Cycle through windows of a grouped button on left click instead of showing a thumbnails preview.
– Open with while dropping a file on a taskbar button instead of pinning.
– Disable thumbnail previews.
7 Taskbar Tweaker is freeware, Windows 7 only.