Georgacus‘s desktop is devoid of fancy widgets and skins, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t customised it. The tools that are available are incredibly useful, inclduing a battery gauge going up the left side of the screen, a custom taskbar, and a now-playing display in the right corner. Here’s how he did it.
If you want your desktop to look like Georgacus’, here’s what you’ll need to set it up:
- The wallpaper from The Paper Wall
- The Exxon theme for Windows 8 to customise the visual style
- The Token Light icon pack to replace the systray icons
- The MiniBin recycle bin utility to add the recycle bin icon to the taskbar
- VirtuaWin for multiple desktops (the second icon up on the taskbar)
- 7 Taskbar Tweaker to customise the look of the taskbar
- Winamp and a custom Winamp skin for the music player in the bottom right
- The Rainmeter system configuration and monitoring utility for Windows
- A modified version of Lines for the battery bar
This one was definitely a lot of custom work on Georgacus’ part, and shows that hard work can produce a useful but minimal desktop.
The Empty Desktop [Georgacus]