We don't get a chance to feature dual-monitor desktops often, but Lifehacker reader archer1690's Arch Linux setup is worth highlighting. The wallpaper is a little old school, but it's great for dual monitors. He shares all of the Conky scripts required to make your Arch Linux setup look like his.
We recently showed you how to make a killer Arch setup, but if you're ready to take your setup a step further, here's what you'll need:
- The wallpaper from Imgur
- The Openbox window manager for minimalistic windows
- Compton from Github for transparant windows and panes
- Conky, a lightweight system monitor for Linux systems, for the sidebar on the right
- The Conky config for the sidebar
- The ZIP file with the icons used in the setup
While this desktop was built in Arch, there's no real reason you can't apply the same principles to any other flavour of Linux you choose. We've had to split up the left screen (above) and the right screen (below) to highlight each of them individually, but you can see the whole thing together here.