So you’ve got a shiny new iPhone 5, but you’re already sick of the default “water ripple” wallpaper and those old iPhone 4 wallpapers are too small. The web may not be teeming with iPhone 5-sized wallpapers yet, but here’s where you can find one that suits your tastes — and how to crop one for yourself.
A lot of folks have already put together wallpapers for the iPhone 5, there just aren’t as many as there are for other phones yet. A few searches brought up the following galleries, which already have quite a few iPhone 5-centric wallpapers:
- InterfaceLIFT’s iPhone 5 section
- iLikeWallpaper’s iPhone 5 section
- iPhone 5 Wallpapers
- iPhone 5 HD Wallpapers
- This small collection of homemade wallpapers on Reddit
Remember that some of these sites may contain NSFW images buried in the galleries, so be careful of that as you browse.
Of course, if none of those wallpapers suit you, you can always just make your own by cropping a desktop wallpaper down to iPhone size. Find a wallpaper you like and follow these steps:
- Open your wallpaper in an image editor like the GIMP, Paint.NET, or even Preview on the Mac.
- Crop the image to 1136 x 640.
- Save the wallpaper and transfer it to your phone via Dropbox or email.
- Set your new wallpaper in Settings > Wallpaper.
That’s it! For more iPhone goodness, check out our guide to customising your iPhone inside and out.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.