Today's home screen is a collection of lock screen tweaks for jailbroken iPhone users, along with a few minor tweaks to Notification Center.
This screen is actually my own -- we haven't had an iOS home screen since our very first featured home screen, so I thought I would post mine to inspire you iOS users to start doing your own! I've jailbroken and installed the following tweaks:
- Asymmetric HD Lockscreen, available in Cydia and for use with Winterboard. I used i-Funbox, our favourite iPhone explorer, to edit the theme to fit with my wallpaper, which essentially involved moving the time and date up a few hundred pixels and changing the slider on the bottom so it looked a little nicer. You'll need to install Lockscreen Clock Hide for this theme to work, too.
- The wallpaper is Just Flying By, cropped to fit the retina display of my iPhone 4.
- GrabberApp to make the Camera slider work with Camera+, our favourite camera app for iPhone. For my home screen, I'm using this wallpaper from ~Martz90.
- OpenNotifier to add small icons to my menu bar when I have a notification (in the above image, you'll see I have a pending text message in the upper left-hand corner). This is just one of those little things I missed from Android and wanted to add back.
- Lorem, an app that lets you dismiss notifications from the Notification Center by swiping it away. This is one of my all-time favourite features of CyanogenMod, and I was really glad I could get it on iOS.
- You can't see it in the images, but I also really love Reveal, which allows you to scroll through notifications on your lock screen when they're longer than the standard bubble. It really makes checking text messages and email easier without having to open the whole app.
Other than that, my iPhone looks pretty much the same as others. I could have used something drastic like the rest of the Asymmetric HD theme for Dreamboard, but I like the regular interface, so I stuck with it (though I use very few of Apple's apps, opting for things like Sparrow and Week Cal instead).