Today Lifehacker met with Arul Baskaran, the ABC’s controller for multiplatform, and quizzed him on future plans for iView, based on the questions everyone submitted earlier in the week. It’s great that there’s now an iView iPad app, but what developments can we expect next?
Among the issues Baskaran discusses in our video interview:
- Which platforms the ABC will move iView to next
- Plans for offering HD content on iView
- Will there be an HTML5 version of iView?
- Will non-ABC developers ever get access to the iView API?
- Why there won’t be download options on iView for the foreseeable future
- Will the PS3 iView client be improved in 2011?