Top Stories linux
- Five Best Linux Desktop Environments
- Build Your Own Adobe Creative Suite With Free And Cheap Software
- How To Check If Your Mac Or Linux Machine Is Vulnerable To Shellshock
- How To Run Android Apps Inside Chrome On Any Operating System
- Lifehacker Pack For Linux 2014: Our List Of The Essential Linux Apps
- The Easiest Way To Install Android's ADB And Fastboot Tools On Any OS
Kali Linux is a security-focused operating system you can run off a CD or USB drive, anywhere. With its security toolkit you can crack Wi-Fi passwords, create fake networks, and test other vulnerabilities. Here’s how to use it to give your own a network a security checkup.
When you’re customising your Linux install or choosing a distribution, the desktop environment is a key decision. There are tons to choose from, all with different benefits and features. There may be no one single “best” choice, but this week we’re looking at five of them, based on your nominations.
Shellshock, the newly-discovered vulnerability that allows attackers to inject code into your computer, puts your Mac or Linux machine at a serious risk for malicious attacks. Here’s how to test if your machine is vulnerable.
No one likes to be told what to do, so why should your Chromebook follow the rules? Well, it’ll have to abide but whatever physics dictates, but when it comes to running Android apps, there is a way to convince it (and other operating systems) to play ball, if you’re willing to do a little legwork. Well, fingerwork.