Top Stories linux
- The Essential Apps And Downloads For All Your Devices [2016 Edition]
- Lifehacker Pack For Linux 2016: Our List Of The Essential Linux Apps
- Linux Bug Gives Attackers Access To PCs, Servers and Android Devices
- Pet Project: Loading Linux To Make My Netbook Sing Again
- The Best Chromecast Apps (2015 Edition)
- Five Best File Encryption Tools
Windows/Mac/Linux: A few months ago, Opera launched its own free, built-in VPN, but you could only get it if you manually enabled it in the dev version of the browser. Now, it’s available for everyone in the stable version of Opera.
Each year, we round up the must-have apps, extensions and downloads for every major computing platform — from Android and iPhone to Chrome, Windows and Linux. Here they all are, in one tidy package. Without a shadow of a doubt, these are the best productivity and entertainment programs for your hardware. Best of all, most of them are completely free.
Reader thdoan submitted this highly customised second screen using Rainmeter. Best of all there’s even a video showing you how it all works. If you like the look, here’s what you’ll need to make your own.
DIY electronics boards are getting cheaper and cheaper. Since the launch of the Raspberry Pi, the extremely popular, portable computer-on-a-board, countless new boards have shown up. Even so, few are cheaper and tinier than the $US5 ($7) Raspberry Pi Zero and the $US9 ($12) C.H.I.P. Let’s take a look at how they compare.
If simply popping into the command line isn’t enough to make you feel like a ’90s hacker, GitHub user bartobri created a neat decryption text effect pulled from the movie Sneakers.