If you’ve had a visit to Australia’s Red Centre on your travel bucket list for a while now, this is the time to get moving on those plans.
Digital travel service Webjet has today announced they’ve slashed prices on flights to the Northern Territory for a week-long promotion with Tourism Northern Territory.
Tell me more about the deal
The NT travel sale kicked off on May 5 and is valid until May 11, 2021 for all travel dates over the next 12 months (there are no black-out periods, here).
Inbound flights to Alice Springs and Uluru are included in the promotion, with up to $200 being shaved off flights booked during the sale period.
A quick peek on the Webjet website shows flights from Sydney into Alice Springs starting from a ridiculous $78 (with Virgin) and economy flights from Sydney to Uluru (with Jetstar) are currently starting from $59.
You can find full details, and pricing break downs at the Webjet website here.
What do I do when I get to the Northern Territory?
Aside from taking in the majesty of Uluru, some of the more popular travel experiences in the Northern Territory include:
- Experiencing Kata Tjuta and hiking Kings Canyon
- Visiting the Alice Springs School of Air
- Paddling in swimming holes throughout the West MacDonnell Ranges
- Tackling part of the 223km Larapinta Trail
- Travelling across to visit Kakadu National park
- Taking in the rich Aboriginal culture in the region. From art to music to bush food, there’s a lot to learn about and the NT is the perfect place to learn.
For more inspiration on your dream Northern Territory trip, the tourism board has pulled together a pretty lovely promotional video that should help. Check that out for yourself below.
Want more travel suggestions for our lovely little (giant) country? Here are some of our favourite options for exploring Australia throughout the Autumn months.
This article has been updated to state the sale is up to $200 in discounts