Back in July, Optus doubled the data on all SIM only plans. Now it’s doing the same to most 24-month postpaid handset plans – including iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max! Here are the details.
For a limited time, Optus is doubling the data on the majority of its 24-month Postpaid handset plans. As you’d expect, the data boost has been strategically timed to coincide with the launch of Apple’s latest iPhones which you can pre-order now through the telco.
The deal covers most Optus My Plan Plus handset plans and My Plan Flex leasing plans. The double-data offer is available for new and recontracting customers. (Note: To get the deal, you need to sign up or recontract to a 24-month plan.)
Here are the inclusions for Optus My Plan Plus and My Plan Flex Postpaid handset plans of $85 and above:
- Unlimited standard national calls and texts
- Unlimited international calls and texts from Australia to 35 selected countries
- Optus Sport subscription included at no extra charge
- Access to the National Geographic App
- The option to stream Netflix, Stan and ABC iView without using the plan’s data for an additional $5 per month
- Second service discount on selected Postpaid mobile plans of $10 per month when added to the same bill as an eligible primary service
- Data Pool enabling customers to share data between eligible plans on the same bill
If you’re looking to pick up the iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max as cheaply as possible, this is a pretty good offer. Here are the double-data plans for the 64GB iPhone XS and 64GB iPhone XS Max:
iPhone XS 64GB (contract)
iPhone XS Max 64GB (contract)
As you can see, this deal makes the entry-level $85/$95 plan feasible – it nets you 4GB of data, which is just enough to get you through a normal month of usage. (The same cannnot be said of a 2GB monthly allowance.)
Prefer flagship Androids to iPhones? Here are the inclusions for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9:
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (contract)
Wow. 50GB of data for $95 per month is an excellent deal – and you’re only paying an extra $10 per month for the handset.
The double-data offer will be sticking around until 9 October, 2018. You can check out the full list of terms and conditions on Optus’ website.