Be careful if you’ve bought frozen vegetables from Aldi, IGA, Woolworths or other independent groceries recently. A number of products have been recalled due to possible contamination of listeria bacteria. If you have any of the products listed below in your freezer you can return them to your place of purchase for a full refund.
An alert was issued yesterday by Food Standards Australia and New Zealand, concerning products sold in a number of major supermarket chains. The affected products are listed below:
- Woolworths – Bell Farms Steam Veggie Carrot Corn and Broccoli 3pk 450g – National distribution, all stock
- IGA – Black & Gold Corn Kernels 500g – National distribution Best Before all dates
- IGA – Black & Gold Mixed Vegetables 1kg: Carrots, peas, beans & corn – National distribution Best Before all dates
- ALDI – Market Fare Peas, Carrots and Super Sweet Corn 1kg – National distribution
- ALDI – Market Fare Corn Kernels 1kg QLD, VIC, WA and select NSW stores Product of Hungary (only)
- ALDI – Market Fare Mixed Vegetables 1kg QLD, NSW, ACT, WA Packed in Belgium from Imported and Belgian Ingredients (only)
- ALDI – Market Fare Quick Steam Carrot Broccoli and Cauliflower 450g – National distribution
- ALDI – Market Fare Quick Steam Carrot Corn and Broccoli 450g – National distribution
- ALDI: Only products with country of origin of Belgium, United Kingdom or Hungary, all other countries not affected.
And if you’re not sure about something in your freezer, remember you’re better safe than sorry!