You wanted Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals, a thunderstorm asthma explainer and reasons to quit Facebook. Kick off your Monday by checking out the ten most popular posts from Lifehacker Australia last week:
- The Best Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals In Australia [Updated] November 25 is the biggest shopping day on the US calendar. For 24 hours, American shoppers are treated to an annual bargains extravaganza known as Black Friday. Retailers routinely slash their prices to kick start the Christmas shopping season resulting in hundreds of incredible deals.
- The Nintendo Classic Mini NES Goes On Sale Again Today In Australia
The Nintendo Classic Mini NES is the hottest gadget of the summer and arguably the whole year. Unfortunately, stock has been almost non-existent in Australia, leading to thousands of disappointed, empty-handed Ninty fans. If you missed out on the EB Games sales and are determined to snap one up for Christmas, your best chance is during today's Black Friday sale. Here are the details.
- The Best Deals From Target's Video Game Christmas Sale
The PlayStation 4 console for $309. Titanfall 2 for $36. Dishonored 2 for $45. Uncharted 4 for $39. Goddamn, this is quite the video game sale.
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday Shopping Tips For Australians
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the biggest shopping events on the US calendar, with retailers offering discounts of up to 80 percent on big ticket items. If you're stuck here in Australia, there's no reason why you need to miss out on the action. Here are seven online shopping tips for Black Friday and Cyber Monday bargain hunters.
- Revealed: The Best Cyber Monday Deals In Australia
US retailers are a weird mob. Over the Thanksgiving weekend they run not one, but two huge shopping sales for ravenous bargain hunters - Black Friday and Cyber Monday. If you forgot to hit the online stores yesterday, have no fear: many of the deals are still available and there's a stack more coming for Cyber Monday. Here are the best deals so far...
- What Is Thunderstorm Asthma?
If you suffer from itchy eyes, a runny nose, headaches and excessive sneezing this time of year, you’re certainly not alone. Hay fever or allergic rhinitis is an allergic reaction to pollen and affects one in six Australians. But when you combine high pollen counts with thunderstorms and warm weather, a much more serious phenomenon can unfold: thunderstorm asthma attacks.
- This Is What Happened When Sydney Airport Lost My Luggage
My bag and I have been round the world many times. We’ve seen and experienced amazing things but none stranger than when we flew to Adelaide from Sydney. Flight QF783 landed in Adelaide on Thursday night, November 10, but the bag didn’t arrive at the luggage carousel. The lady at the baggage office tapped at her terminal and then said: "Oh my God, it’s lost."
- Is Australia Post's ShopMate Worth The Money?
ShopMate is a freight-forwarding service run by Australia Post that solves a common online shopping problem. In short, it sets up a US postal address so that you can buy items that don't ship internationally. Purchases are then forwarded onto you for a "small" fee. It sounds great on paper, but is it actually worth the money? Well, that all depends on what you're buying.
- It's Official: Aussies Are World-Champion Shaggers [Infographic]
According to worldwide data collected by sex-tracking app Spreadsheets, Australians engage in longer lasting sex than any other country. So how long are our sessions on average? Check out the below infographic to see how your 'sexy time' measures up...
- Deactivating Facebook Was The Best Decision I Ever Made
I really need to quit Facebook. It’s Saturday afternoon. I have things I could be doing. I could be watching television. I could be playing a video game. I could be volunteering at a homeless shelter, an old folks home — Christ I don’t know. I could be exercising, or cooking, or going for a walk with my kids.