Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: 10 things you can do to improve your finances today, why there will never be a Half-Life 3, how hurricanes kill.
- To celebrate the release of The Martian Extended Edition on Blu-ray and DVD, Gizmodo is giving away a limited edition, life-size replica of Mark Watney’s helmet. Details here.
- Perpetually in debt? Here are 10 things you can do to improve your finances today, courtesy of Business Insider.
- A Russian blogger has been charged with "inciting hatred" after playing Pokemon GO in a church. Gizmodo has the story.
- If you're a fan of the Half-Life video game series, you’re probably wondering what’s taking the company so long to announce Part 3. The sad truth is that we will never see another Half-Life game from Valve, and for one very good reason. Head to Kotaku to find out why.
- Ever wondered how hurricanes actually kill people? Gizmodo drops its science on those assembled.