Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: 12 ways humanity could destroy the entire Solar System, the first review for the PS4 Slim, the incredible evolutionary resilience of the Tasmanian devil.
- The hotly-anticipated Battlefield 1 is having a beta on the Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are Kotaku's first impressions.
- As you may have heard, the European Commission is ordering Apple to pay about $14.5 billion in taxes to Ireland. Business Insider has an in-depth explainer.
- Humans are doing a bang-up job of messing up our home planet. But who’s to say we can’t go on to screw things up elsewhere? Here, not listed in any particular order, are 12 unintentional ways we could do some serious damage to our Solar System.
- The revision of the PlayStation 4 hasn’t even been officially announced, but that hasn’t stopped people from buying, unboxing, playing with, and reviewing the console already. Kotaku has the story.
- Tasmanian Devils are evolving at an astonishing rate. In the last 20 years they have evolved fast enough to start avoiding an infectious cancer responsible for declining the population by at least 80 per cent. Gizmodo drops its science on those assembled.