Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book products have been riddled with bugs, which we have mentioned in our reviews of the two devices. The company has been gradually patching those issues and has now release more patches to fix the bugs. Here are the details.
Users of the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book have been vocal about the niggling bugs on the devices. It is quite unfortunate to see the two products, which do have decent hardware, marred by a bunch of small software problems.
Microsoft has been diligently patching the issues and today it released another significant update that fixes more of the problems, including one that involved the two devices not going into sleep mode properly. This is something I have experienced first-hand with the Surface Pro 4. I would turn off the screen and put the unit in my bag only to find it burning hot even with the internal fan spinning frantically when I took it out again.
Here are the full notes for the software update:
- Microsoft driver update for Surface UEFI
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Management Engine
- Microsoft driver update for Surface System Aggregator Firmware
- Surface Management Engine update (v220.127.116.112) improves system stability.
- Surface System Aggregator Firmware update (v103.1081.260.0) improves accuracy of battery status and battery life during sleep.
- Surface UEFI update (v104.1085.768.0) improves battery life and improves stability during power state transition changes into and out of sleep states.
- Intel Precise Touch Device driver update (v18.104.22.168) improves stability during power state transition changes into and out of sleep states.
- Intel HD Graphics 520 driver update (v22.214.171.12464) improves display stability, system stability and battery life.
- Intel® Display Audio driver update (v126.96.36.1995) supports compatibility with the updated graphics driver.
- Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) driver update (v188.8.131.5234) improves system stability.
- Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST) Audio Controller driver update (v184.108.40.2067) improves system stability.
- Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST) OED driver update (v220.127.116.117) improves system stability.
- Intel Management Engine Interface driver update (v18.104.22.1686) improves system stability.
- Intel® Serial IO GPIO Host Controller driver update (v30.63.1603.5) improves auto rotation reliability when tablet mode is turned off.
- Intel® Serial IO I2C Host Controller driver update (v30.63.1603.5) improves auto rotation
Microsoft is rolling out the update in stages through Windows Update. If you have not received the update, you can manually check to see if you can get it by going to Start > Update & Security > Windows Update on your Surface device.
[Via Windows Device Blog]