Flickr user Ankush is enamoured with The Martian, and we can't really blame him. He didn't mention whether he was inspired by the book or the film to make this desktop, but either way, we love it. Here's how to set it up.
Ankush is running Windows here, and the visualizer at the bottom of the screen moves in time with the music he's listening to, so look forward to that when you're all set up. With that out of the way, here's what you'll need to recreate this on your system:
- The Sunset on Mars wallpaper
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Encoded skin for the time and date display on the desktop
- The Lano Visualizer for Rainmeter to create the visualizer at the bottom of the screen
- The Spotify plugin for Rainmeter to pull Spotify's current track into Rainmeter
- The Cleartext for Rainmeter plugin to display the Spotify Now Playing on the desktop
That's about it. You may need to wrangle a little to get the Now Playing stuff working in Spotify, but it's not difficult. If you have questions though, or just want to share how much you like what you see, head over to Ankush's Flickr page (linked below) to let him know what you think!
The Martian Desktop [Flickr]