Reader Karth is a Doctor Who fan, so he put together this Windows desktop to be part expression of his fandom and part set of tools to help him work. We can't really blame him. Here's how he set it all up.
Here's what Karth used to customise his Windows 8.1 desktop:
- The Tardis wallpaper by nirufe on DeviantArt
- The Rainmeter system tweaking and monitoring tool for Windows
- The Elegance 2 skin for Rainmeter for the clock
- The SimpleSentenceThree skin for Rainmeter for the CPU and RAM meters, as well as the uptime/break timer
- The Ourea icon pack to replace the system icons
Karth's setup also uses the Frosted Elegance skin for Rainmeter to create the text-shortcut homebar on the lower right corner of the desktop, but the DeviantArt user who created it seems to have deactivated their account, and while there are plenty of links to it, I can't find a replacement download. With luck, Karth may be able to provide it for us!
The Whovian Desktop [Karth]