Aside from the time, battery level and music in the lower left corner, you might think this is just a wallpaper. But it's not — it's Dan C's desktop, and he likes it empty. Every time he sits down it's a glorious fresh start. Here's how he made it.
Dan is working on a Mac, and to be fair, he has the dock hidden until he needs it — but even that's customised too. When he sits down to work, this is what he sees. If you like the look, here's what you'll need to get it:
- The wallpaper by John Carey of fiftyfootshadows
- The GeekTool system monitor and configuration utility for OS X for the system time and battery indicators
- cDock 2 to customise the dock
- LiteIcon to customise the dock icons
- The Zion icon pack
- Bowtie with the Unnamed theme for the "now playing" display under the system info
It's a good, clean look — and if you like it with the icons hidden, here's a view with that customised dock shown:
If you like what you see, click on the link below to read more about it, and to let him know how much you love it.
The Empty Desktop [Dan C]