Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers, including: How to take the perfect selfie, get 50 per cent off Lavazza coffee, new underwater footage of the HMAS Sydney.
- If you're the sort of person who enjoys taking selfies, we're guessing you want to look as attractive as possible. Here are some tips from Gizmodo's Mia Steiber.
- Coles and Woolworths are selling a range of groceries at half price -- including 1kg bags of Lavazza coffee. Click here and here to see the deals from Coles and Woolworths, respectively.
- If you drop several hundred dollars on a Kickstarter project, you probably have more money than sense. The latest cautionary tale involves the ZPM Espresso: a project that amassed more than $370,000 in funding money only to never materialise. NY Times has the story.
- Big W is selling the 500GB Xbox Ones bundled with Halo Master Chief Collection, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (Download Code), Assassins Creed Unity (Download Code) and Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag (Download Code) for $450.
- The rapid sinking of the HMAS Sydney back in 1941 by Germany’s HSK Kormoran has been a controversial topic for many years. Recently, new evidence has come to light courtesy of high resolution images and video captured by Curtin University. See them here.