If you made the upgrade to iOS 8.0.1 today on your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus before Apple pulled the release, you might have noticed that your Touch ID and cell service have suddenly stopped working. Instead of waiting for Apple to release a fix, iMore found a workaround that will get you back up and running again.
Several users (including former Lifehacker writer Adam Dachis) are reporting that turning off iCloud and resyncing your iPhone with iTunes seems to clear up the problem:
- Turn off Find my iPhone via Settings > iCloud
- Download iOS 8 for iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus
- Make sure you’re on the latest version of iTunes. Go to About and then Check for Updates or visit iTunes.com.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus to iTunes via Lightning to USB cable.
- Hold down Option (Mac) or Control (Windows) click on “Check for Update”.
- Choose the iOS 8 firmware file you downloaded in step 2.
- Let iTunes do its thing
That’s it. It will take a little while for your phone to restore, but it should be working after that.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
Here are the cheapest plans available for Australia’s most popular NBN speed tier.