Last week in cloud computing: Azure went offline but then launched a stack of new options, while Amazon enhanced SNS and Cloudfront.
Cloud picture from Shutterstock
- Cloud service updates traditionally are announced individually, but Microsoft rolled out four major updates in a batch last week. They included Azure DocumentDB going into public preview, support for Apache HBase in Azure HDInsight being generally available, support for VM Depot images in the Azure gallery and a preview version of Azure Search.
- The Azure WebJobs SDK has inched its way up to version 0.4.0, adding async support and some package name changes. Version 0.3 came out in late June.
- Don't forget to check if you're entitled to credits after last week's extended Azure outage.
- Amazon CloudFront has enhanced its SSL features, adding support for SSL session tickets and OCSP stapling, and improving performance.
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) now supports topics with more than 10,000 subscribers and authenticated delivery to Microsoft Push Notification Services. Read more here.
Cloud Patches rounds up new features and services added to major cloud computing platforms each week..