Last week in cloud computing: updates for Azure Site Recovery and AWS Management Portal for vCenter, plus more cloud news.
Cloud picture from Shutterstock
- Azure Site Recovery was launched in preview at Tech Ed US in May. Now it's generally available. Disaster recovery features for the service have also been expanded.
- Azure SQL Database has begun a public preview for its Elastic Scale feature, which makes it easier to scale out database applications. Read more here.
- Microsoft has changed its charging model for Azure Media Encoder. Rather than charging on both input and output gigabytes, version 4.0 only charges for output.
- Amazon has enhanced the Management Portal for vCenter with some features designed to simplify setup. New options include federation proxy support and the ability to add existing EC2 instances.
- Amazon's Mobile SDK has reached version 2. Changes include a reduction in the number of Android methods use and enhanced S3 support on iOS.
- Amazon Elastic Transcoder now supports Smooth Streaming. Read more here.
Cloud Patches rounds up new features and services added to major cloud computing platforms each week..