Last week in cloud computing: AWS goes deeper into thin clients, while Azure previews Apache Storm clusters.
Cloud picture from Shutterstock
- Amazon WorkSpaces has added support for PCoIP zero clients, which enable the running of a full desktop on a device that doesn't technically have an operating system. Maintenance obviously less of an issue then.
- The AWS software development kit (SDK) for PHP has hit Version 3, improving performance and adding a number of new features. It's still a preview release, mind
- AWS' SAML-based single-sign on screen has seen a few tweaks to improve usability. Read more here.
- Apache Storm is a real-time Hadoop tool, and it's now available in preview on Azure. If you want to try it out, check the instructions for this detailed preview project.
- Microsoft is expanding its support for Docker containers on Azure, and has announced plans to add Docker support directly to a future version of Windows Server. Read more here.
Cloud Patches rounds up new features and services added to major cloud computing platforms each week..