Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Top 10 multi-purpose gaming laptops, Australian gaming habits, archaeologists discover 200-year-old douche.
- Archaeologists have discovered a 200-year-old douche made out of animal bone. Gizmodo has the photo.
- Any anime fans out there? Here are the five new shows that you should be watching in Q2 2014.
- If you’ve just joined a gym for the first time, following the established etiquette can be daunting. Here are six thing you should never, ever do, courtesy of PopSugar Health & Fitness.
- Have you ever wondered why commercial aeroplanes don’t have parachutes? Click here to find out.
- Facebook just bought the instant messaging app WhatsApp for a cool $19 million. If you think that’s a lot of money for a single app, prepare to have your mind blown: it was actually $19 billion. My brain hurts.
- Are you looking for a new gaming laptop that can also double as a machine for school or work? This Gizmodo article shortlists 10 of the best models currently on the market.
- In other gaming news, Kotaku has published an infographic detailing Australia’s gaming habits — from the average age of gamers to number of gaming parents.