Brief news items for Lifehacker readers including: Get Domino’s value range pizzas for $5 each, the latest cosplay lunacy and beauty, what to expect from next year’s smartphones.
- Apple has confirmed it will be holding a special event on October 22 where it is likely to show off a range of new iPad devices. The media invite contains the teaser blurb “we still have a lot to cover” which could mean a number of things. It has been rumoured that Apple will be unveiling a range of new products including new Mac Pros and OS X Mavericks which would fit the above statement. Then again, perhaps its a throwaway reference to a new touch cover? All will be revealed on Monday.
- Virgin Australia is currently offering up to 35 percent off domestic fares. To activate the discount, use the promotional code DNW89. The deal covers travel from 1 November 2013 to 12 December 2013 inclusive, with the discounted fares highlighted by a red promotional tag next to the price once the code has been applied. [Via OzBargain]
- The cosplay goodness just keeps on coming from Kotaku: over the past week, it has published not one, not two, but three amazing cosplay galleries. Highlights include a blood-spattered Shredder holding the ninja turtles’ heads aloft, a Lord Of The Rings orc that looks better than the movie version and an exquisitely proportioned Bayonetta.
- Pizza Hut abolished delivery fees today but if you prefer to pick your pizzas up in store, Domino’s has an even better deal. It’s currently offering its value range pizzas for just $5 each. Traditional/chef’s best pizzas have also been discounted to $6. To get the deal, order online and use the following discount codes: 99965 (value), 46947 (traditional), 72837 (Chef’s Best). [Via OzBargain]
- No matter how state-of-the-art your smartphone is, changes are it’s about to be superseded by something faster and shinier. Our colleagues at Gizmodo have gazed into their crystal ball to see what phones we can look forward to in the next 12 months. Click here to read their insights.