Brief news items for Lifehacker readers including: GTA V's Trevor flips out at fan, the yummiest in-season vegetables for spring, Walking Dead fast-tracked for Aussie screens.
- Doodle 4 Google is a design competition that gives Australian students the chance to win prizes for their school and have their version of the Google logo feature on the company's homepage. There are 32 finalists for this year's competition which have been shortlisted from over 16,000 entries. Click here to cast your vote.
- Good news for zombie-loving Foxtel customers — the Pay TV channel has confirmed that Australia will be getting Season 4 of The Walking Dead within 30 minutes of the US. Foxtel will also play Season 4 via its Foxtel Play online streaming service, which does not require a Foxtel TV subscription.
- Big W is currently selling the Sony PlayStation 3 bundled with Tomb Raider for $198. The Tomb Raider game was nearly $100 by itself a few months ago, so this is a pretty solid deal.
- For a slightly cheaper gaming bargain, Capcom has slashed 75 percent off the Steam price of its retro-flavoured blaster Bionic Commando: Rearmed. For a limited time, you can download the full game for just US$2.49.
- The owners of Melbourne nightclub Brown Alley have been slugged with a $15,500 infringement notice by ACMA for sending promotional SMS messages that did not comply with the Spam Act. Some of the offending messages did not include contact details, while others were missing an opt-out facility. You can read the full story on ACMA's website.
- If you're planning a weekend away in the coming weeks, RatesToGo has a deal that's worth looking into. The site is currently offering 20 percent off bookings at participating hotels for stays between 14 October 2013 and 31 December 2013. Use the promo code 'SUPER20' when making your booking. [Via OzBargain]
- During a recent panel at Comic-Con New York, the voice actor behind Grand Theft Auto V's homicidal maniac Trevor Philips went ballistic at a fan — while completely in character. The video is made more terrifying by the fact that voice actor Steven Ogg shares a striking resemblance to his video game counterpart. Click here to see the bedlam unfold.
- At PopSugar Health & Fitness, vegetarian home cook blogger Megan Young has gathered the best spring produce and cooking tips for you to try this season.