Brief news items of note for Lifehacker readers including: Foxtel offers free trial of kids' channels, 10 foods that contain "good" fats, dress like a pirate for 12 free Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
- Nintendo had announced it will be offering a 31-day free trial of the upcoming fitness game Wii Fit U. Wii U owners will be able to download the trial from Nintendo's eShop between 2nd November 2013 and 31st January 2014 (a Wii Balance Board and broadband internet connection is required.) Click here for more information.
- Foxtel us offering its customers free access to the channels Disney Jr., CBeebies & Nick Jr. and Channels 25 between 25 September to 8 October. Existing subscribers will receive the free trial automatically so there's no reason to do anything. [Via OzBargain]
- For its latest Aussie Adventure Ride, Gizmodo has test driven a Stealth Bike: an electric bike with a brushless motor is attached to the rear wheel. The ride also comes with front and rear disc brakes like on a real motorbike, and a throttle collar designed to give you more power than pedalling could ever give. You can see it in action over at Gizmodo.
- Earlier today, we explained why we think GTA V's midnight launch was a waste of time. If we failed to convince you, here's another reason to stay at home -- in the following video, a car collides with a motorcycle in the centre of Union Square, New York in the middle of GTA V's launch. We hope nobody was hurt.
- Not all fats are bad for you -- some are actually essential to the human body. PopSugar Health & Fitness has run through ten of the most common foods that contain "good" fats. Click here to be enlightened.
- This deal makes us grin like maniacs. In case you didn't realise, today is Talk Like A Pirate Day. To celebrate, Krispy Kreme is offering 12 free original glazed donuts! The catch is that you have to talk AND dress like a pirate while ordering. However, the minimal dress requirements are pretty minimal -- all you need is a bandanna although die-hards can also opt for a peg leg or parrot. The deal is valid for today only, so get cracking, me hearties!