Flickr user TheMuteRobot was looking for a desktop that captured the beauty of autumn, but was still informative. The end product is striking, minimal and useful.
Want the same seasonal look for your Windows desktop? Here's how to make it happen:
- The wallpaper from High Definition Wallpapers
- The Rainmeter system configuration and management utlity for Windows
- The Elegance 1.0 skin for Rainmeter for the weather widget
- The Elegance 2 skin for Rainmeter for the time and date, CPU/RAM and system monitors, the email widget, and the recycle bin replacement
- The Muziko skin for Rainmeter for the circular media player control widget
- The WP7 skin for Rainmeter to create the grey bar across the screen
This one is all Rainmeter, all the time — no additional utilities required. If you're not familiar with Rainmeter and need a little help making all of the components work, make sure to check out our guide to creating beautiful desktops with Rainmeter to get a head start and some useful tips.
Autumn in the Mountains [Flickr]