Lifehacker reader Elysium1215 created this great-looking home screen using layers similar to the new tiled interface on Windows 8.
This home screen is pretty easy to put together. All you need is:
- A custom background. Elysium1215 made his with Photoshop, but you can use any image editor you want. All it takes is a few rectangles and some drop shadows.
- The BobClockD3 clock widget
- Minimalistic Text for the battery widget
- The MetroStation icon pack for the rounded icons
- SimpleText Icon Creator for the text icons along the bottom
- Apex Launcher